We take privacy very seriously. We advocate for strong encryption in everything we do. This site is built with the ethos of collecting as little information about our visitors as possible. Where data is required for our use we will endeavor to keep that data completely private and secure. Some data is collected by 3rd parties. Where we use 3rd party APIs, we have to balance necessary functionality with trusting 3rd parties. We will list any 3rd party APIs we use below in the general useage section.
1. For the time being we are not collecting any personal information other than the information submitted to us via our contact form and email subscription forms (see 3). We will not share this with anyone unless under threat of force. Even then we will do our utmost to protect your data. We will also do our best to inform you if this happens as soon as possible.
2. We use Google Analytics to collect traffic statistics on the site. We don’t know how Google protect this data but we guess they do a good job. As far as we know, we cannot observe personal data about any specific user from Google Analytics.
4. On our events, photo albums and blog pages you will see Facebook and Twitter share buttons. These hook into Facebook and Twitter and will obviously mean those companies can collect data (they will obviously need to in order to “share” our content on your social network accounts with them).
5. In the future we may provide account registration or other features that collect personal data. Our policy for these will likely be identical to our policy regarding the contact form (see 1.).
6. We cannot take responsibility if any of your data is compromised or shared to undesirables. We do the best we can, but urge you to always be cautious about what information you enter online.
7. If you are a registered author of the site, we have your name, email address and twitter URL and maybe some other stuff. We will not share this with anyone unless under threat of force. Even then we will do our utmost to protect your data. We will also do our best to inform you if this happens as soon as possible. The image you supply may remain your intellectual property or that of F8’s – subject to your individual agreement with F8. We will endeavour to protect this intellectual property.